• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need good headphones.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MajinSSJVegetto

I just stepped on my headphones cord as I was standing up.

Well, this did two things. One, it made the headphones pull down on my head as I stood up, making me fall down, which was annoying.
Then, I put them back on my ears, and sound is only coming from the left side...

I ripped it open and found that the wire broke and I have to replace to get the right side working again.
Not hard to do, but I really don't want to wear heaphones with poorly soldered wire that doesn't bend right all over the place.

So, in short, I've decided to scrap them for parts, and for headphones, get some new ones.

What heaphones do yall recommend?

I'm looking for large headphones that completly cover your ear and have padding and everything. Heaphones that will block out most ambient sound.
I want some nice ones, but not to expensive.
I was thinking about getting some wireless ones, but I'm not sure.
I use my heaphones for my TV and computer, so I use them a LOT everyday. 10-15 hours a day. I don't want to waste 2-4 AA batteries a day on heaphones.

So, I need good ear covering headphones with good volume controll and possibly wireless if its rechargable or something like that (that WORKS very good).

I'm thinking $40 or maybe $50-60 if its wireless, and its actually a really neat deal.

X2sandman

my dad bought me these panasonic ones last year before i had my own comp and they are really nice for 30 bucks. They have a 10 foot wire and a volume adjustment

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
i got my sony mdr-v700s for a little over 100 bucks, i gave up using speakers after them, they are the greatest things ive ever heard and well worth the price, i wear mine 10-15 hours a day and they dont get uncomfortable they have fantastic sound, and the djing bit on em is nice too.

if your looking for headphones that will last you a long long time look into em.

ive had several pairs of koss headphones wich sound nice and all, not nearly as good as these, but they always broke on me, ive spent more than 200 dollars on 30-40 dollar headphones cause of some sort of failure in em, if you wanna do it right spend the 100 bucks the first time and be happy for life

Maxvla

l_hd477.jpg

Sennheiser HD477 49.99 free shipping

SENHD4571.GIF

SennheiserHD457 24.95 plus ship

SENHD2701.GIF

SennheiserHD270 59.95 plus ship

two great ones in your price range above... 3rd if you can stretch it a bit.

or ones like mine :D

dynadirect_1705_2867967

Sennheiser EH2270 73.00 plus ship

hope that helps. sennheiser is the only way to go for quality reproduction and extended use comfort.

edit. not sure why my lines are messed up under themiddle pics. strange.

Maxvla

whooping_a_panda said:
i got my sony mdr-v700s for a little over 100 bucks, i gave up using speakers after them, they are the greatest things ive ever heard and well worth the price, i wear mine 10-15 hours a day and they dont get uncomfortable they have fantastic sound, and the djing bit on em is nice too.

if your looking for headphones that will last you a long long time look into em.

ive had several pairs of koss headphones wich sound nice and all, not nearly as good as these, but they always broke on me, ive spent more than 200 dollars on 30-40 dollar headphones cause of some sort of failure in em, if you wanna do it right spend the 100 bucks the first time and be happy for life
or buy the low end sennheiser's and get $100 workmanship for less.

subconcept

Yup the mdrv700s own!
I use them for gaming and listening to music in the late hours.
Usualy I have my amp cranked and my 5.1 cranked, nothing but window rattling loudness and floor shaking bass :D

I paid 110 usd including shipping for my v700s from djmart

What do you mean 100 dollars workmanship? Then theyd be around 100 bucks hehe.

Maxvla

subconcept said:
Yup the mdrv700s own!
I use them for gaming and listening to music in the late hours.
Usualy I have my amp cranked and my 5.1 cranked, nothing but window rattling loudness and floor shaking bass :D

I paid 110 usd including shipping for my v700s from djmart

What do you mean 100 dollars workmanship? Then theyd be around 100 bucks hehe.
i mean sennheiser makes all of their headphones at top notch quality. no shortcuts.

the low end headphones may be cheaper but they are assembled the same way as the others... very well.

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
what about their sound quality and frequency response?

are they good, or are they great, ive never heard anything so damn wonderful as the first time i put my sonys on, after i took em off real life just sounded kinda muffled... *maybe i had the volume up to loud though :beer:* i can also crank my 15 watt practice guitar amp up with these things in and theres no distortion at all from the insane volumes, though if you do this for an extended period of time your ears might bleed :D

While DJing may not be a part of your everyday activities, listening to music, movies, and games is. The performance of these headphones is far better then your common Discman's set. With an achievable frequency range that is beyond the capabilities of any non-commercial sound card, you are sure to not miss the slightest nuance.

ok while im not gonna sway on my opinions of my sonys cause i think there the greatest thing since sliced bread, hell there better than sliced bread :) if you really are on a budget the schisenandlkmna, yea im not a very good speller in the first place, look pretty good especially for their price range. and the only thing i found wrong with them on websites was their djing set, though better than my v700s, was 100-200 more than them, and some of the models are fairly fragile. that goes back to my 200 in koss headphones theory... but whatever ya get i hope your happy with em

Last edited:

Maxvla

whooping_a_panda said:
what about their sound quality and frequency response?

are they good, or are they great, ive never heard anything so damn wonderful as the first time i put my sonys on, after i took em off real life just sounded kinda muffled...

ok while im not gonna sway on my opinions of my sonys cause i think there the greatest thing since sliced bread, hell there better than sliced bread :) if you really are on a budget the schisenandlkmna, yea im not a very good speller in the first place, look pretty good especially for their price range. and the only thing i found wrong with them on websites was their djing set, though better than my v700s, was 100-200 more than them, and some of the models are fairly fragile. that goes back to my 200 in koss headphones theory... but whatever ya get i hope your happy with em
they are awesome. at least the pair i have.

good for their price range? sennheiser puts sony to shame. sony doesn't even make a high enough range to compete with sennheiser's top phones. so don't even come with that.

several of the sennheisers feature REMOVABLE CORDS! so you don't break anything.

and you are kinda irritating me continuing this talk of the sony's... when they are obviously more than twice his price range. :rolleyes:

he said 40 dollars not 100. i laid out solid headphones from 25 bucks to 75 bucks giving him a good range just in case he wanted to splurge just a bit over his 60 limit.

OP
MajinSSJVegetto

MajinSSJVegetto

I think I'll try and order some of those (seisnengers, I cant spell) soon, but maybe not to soon:( Might have to wait till my birthday. (in 2 weeks, so not to long)

Thanks everyone!

whooping_a_panda

Mr Slave Senior
max, yes i made note of his price range in my first post and explained my experience with more mediocre headphones. wich cost me a lot mroe than 40 bucks in the long run. I gave him my .02 to take and do with as he wanted.

your scisenskjnaon(yea sp..) headphones do look nice and if i had any experience with em maybe i woulda recomended em, dont be a jerk ehh, just tryin to help the guy out

*edit* i found some sennheisers (hey look at that i spelled it right :D) here these guys usually have good prices on music equipment, i didnt find the exact sets max laid out for ya but theres still some in that price range, might wanna take a look when your shoppin around

Last edited:

nightowl

I use the Sony MDR-V500s and they are much cheaper than the 700s but still have awesome sound quality and quantity if u need it :D

OP
MajinSSJVegetto

MajinSSJVegetto

Crud... I figured out that I can take my two broken sets of headphones and make one pair of working headphones :(
To bad, I gota keep using this junk that hurts my ears :(

I hope I break them again soon!