• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED GUIDE ON OVERCLOCKING - XEON X5650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lagman04

Hey everyone, with the summer coming up, i decided to build my very first computer on a budget, and what build i wanted to go by is with the following parts:

CPU - Xeon X5650
CPU COOLER: hyper 212 evo
GPU - HD 7970
PSU - EVGA 600/700w (please advice which i should use)
Motherboard - if im lucky to get a P6X58D-E or P6TD DELUXE - GA-X58A-UD3R(IF IM REALLY DESPERATE, AS THE PRICES ARE SUPER HIGH)
RAM - 8B DDR3
HDD 1TB

So, what im really asking for is, is there any guides i can follow step by step because i know nothing about how to overclock (im just informed of what it is),
so anyone with the same setup could help me or guide me through BIOS in which i know nothing about.
please dont be too harsh on me :confused::screwy:

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
Did you buy these parts already, and what is your interned usage for this computer?

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
G3258 would have been the better way to go if you cant afford a x58 board, can reach 4ghz with out much problem. xeons on the same cpus as the i's for LGA1366, so follow the guide we have here. both X5650 and X5660 are great hex cores to go after if you have a x58 already currently my [email protected] on air, trying to go higher but need either a WC setup or better hsf.