• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help 1800x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gurgenidze

Recently I bought 1800x. with this setup Corsair Hydro Series H110i MSI B350 TOMAHAWK . and Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15
my score in Cinebench is 1500 barely. i saw in videos min 1600 score. im very disappointed. whats happening can anyone help me ?

Is your CPU overclocked and do you know if the computer giving the Cinebench score you site was overclocked? If the other person's score was achieved with overclocked 1800x and your's by a CPU running at stock clocks that could easily explain the difference. And you are only talking about a 6% difference.

Also, are you certain your RAM is running at the full 3000 mhz rated capacity? Many folks are having trouble getting the Ryzens to work right with high speed RAM. Check it in the Memory tab of CPU-z. In that tab you would see a frequency of one half of what your ram is actually running at because CPU-z is not reporting the DDR speed but the bus speed. So multiply that number by 2 to get the actually working speed of the RAM.

Recently I bought 1800x. with this setup Corsair Hydro Series H110i MSI B350 TOMAHAWK . and Corsair LPX 32GB DRAM 3000MHz C15
my score in Cinebench is 1500 barely. i saw in videos min 1600 score. im very disappointed. whats happening can anyone help me ?

You're right the CB R15 score should be 1600-1650 for your stock CPU. Can you verify if it's running XFR or not. That would make a difference. If XFR is working the base clock should be 3700 MHz on all cores. If it's not you'll be running 3600 MHz on all cores. If you notice that it's not working at XFR you should check MSI and see if there's a BIOS update for your Motherboard.

How's it going? A couple things. With four sticks of Corsair RAM your likely running 2133. Your not going to get the higher speed without removing two of your four sticks.

I second checking for Bios updates. But also check your mb QVL list.

The only other thing I would recommemd is making sure your power supply is adequate. You'll probably need a 650w to be able to hit max clocks and XFR with enough cooling.

The only other thing I would recommemd is making sure your power supply is adequate. You'll probably need a 650w to be able to hit max clocks and XFR with enough cooling.

I'm not sure on what is this based but I run 1700X + GTX1080Ti on Corsair 550W PSU without issues.

Well actually just based it off of more power is better than not enough. Nice to know you can run components like those on a 550W.

Ryzen is much more energy efficient than the previous generation.

But the op's scores seem to be lower than expected which could be a number of things.

If it were memory then those higher scores would probablyhavbe been made by someone running not higher rated but higher speed setup. Likely two sticks, or four sticks of single rank memory.

Johan mentioned XFR possibly being the difference. XFR is temperature and voltage based.

So being eight core I suggested 650 as a good level to ensure proper power would be supplied if that's even his issue.

Back