• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help building new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Contra

I got $1500 TO $2000 to spend on a new system

I havent been keeping up on the latest stuff in a while

throw up some parts

I have a good video card here is what it is
Geforce Maxcore 55 GTX 260 896mb GDDR3

I want a really fast gammer comp.

I can replace the video card if needed, but I need suggestions

I need every thing from the ground up (CPU,MOBO,HDD,DVD BURNER,RAM[I WANT ALOT],SOUND CARD,CASE [FULL TOWER]

I dont want budget crap, I want good stuff, I am willing to spend all $2000 if needed

post up every thing here and i will go with your suggestion

if you can post links I will buy, I am looking to buy ASAP

I want a new toy...

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
$1500+ eh.....

Are you an overclocker?
What resolution do you game at?
Do you need an OS?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner

atomic ferret

I like this list a lot.

As for the case, it has a lot to do with personal preference. Just make sure to get something with decent air flow.

Also don't forget a cpu cooler. Check out the air cooling forum and find a high end one.

Marshmallow64

DVD burner just go samsung. Good ratings and fairly cheap. Unless you are into other brands.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/NewProduct.aspx?Item=N82E16827151187

For the case it is all personal preference, just remember a case can last you a lifetime, so it's is a good idea to buy a case that can be reused for years to come. Get one with good airflow if you plan on overclocking.

For the OS, stick with Windows 7 Home premium OEM. You can get that for about $100. You do not really need any other editions unless you plan to use the added features. For most people Home Premium is good enough.

Earthdog has you covered for everything else.

OP
Contra

Contra

thanks guys, i'm already looking up all the stuff EarthDog recommended....i'll let you know how things go from here...