• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help choosing a single 12V rail PSU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jame Gumb

I'd like to have a PSU that can do 30A or more on a single 12V rail. Seems like most of the PSUs I'm coming across on ZZF and EGG are all dual 12V. I don't want one of those. I'd also like a PSU that has a maximum output of 400 watts or more. with 24 -pin

Here's my setup:

Intel: 630
ASUS: P5LD2
GPU: Evga 7800 Gt
Fan controller
Couple of PCI cards
Couple of CDroms

I will be overclocking. I'm not sure if this will mess things up but my budget has limited me to $110 for the PSU.

Are there any PSU's reputable brands that meet these specs?

thanks.

edit

What I had in mind was the: SPARKLE FSP550-60PLG EPS12V 550W Power Supply - OEM $103.50

But if I can conserve some bones I'll do it. I'm gonna have to do a fan mod to that Sparkle anyway for sound alone.

Last edited:
OP
Jame Gumb

Jame Gumb

Oklahoma Wolf,

I forgot to list the only one I found, SPARKLE FSP550-60PLG.

Well, maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. Will I have any need to worry with a AX500-A in that system? $100.00 shiped at egg.

ewiz's shipping won't get to me in time, I'm about to be out of a system in a few days here.

thanks