• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help cooling my processor!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

t_bird

I have a 3.0E and it is running at about 125 and up to 140. I need it to be cooled alot but i don't want use liquid cooling. Any recomendations on what i should use as a heatsink and fan?

t_bird said:
I have a 3.0E and it is running at about 125 and up to 140.

That's a little on the warm side, isn't it? You might want to begin by simply checking the mounting of the cooler you're using right now...

that's about 49°C idle and 60°C load, so not bad for stock cooling on a Prescott. Having the XP-120 or just a good thermalright with a powerful fan will lower your temps a lot. You can wait for the XP and put a good 120mm fan on it, or you could get the SP-94 and put a Delta HHE on it, both perform really well.

SP-94 review LINK

SP-94 sale LINK

Delta HHE sale LINK

Both arch and I own the HHE ( he's given his :thup: of approval LINK ), and I highly recommend it for cooling the thermalrights... look at the temps in my sig :) .

Back