• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help. DFI NF4 SLI-DR couldn't pass 300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

popcorn

Registered
System setup:
AMD Opteron 144
DIF NF4 Sli-DR
2x512 G.skill LE
OCZ powerStream 600W
Asus 6800 Ultra.

The CPU can run 285x9 @DF
I have tried to set multiplier to 6, ram to 133 and I couldn't get to 300.
Some one have experience about good setting and bios version for the mainboard?
Thanks.

it may be the board not liking high fsb or a memory issue, my sli-dr won't go over 311. check to make sure the ldt multi is set low or auto for that high of a fsb.

have you tried any other dividers other than 133 as certain memory doesn't like certain dividers and also run memtest? you might try running just one stick, but it does sound like a motherboard limitation.

hey, I just flash bios with the FX60test version. It seem better, now I can go just over 300....lol.....I saw many people here OC thier Opteron to over 3Ghz, really dont know how can I get to that clock if my mobo suck.
ANY ONE CAN HELP ME OUT OF THIS??????

I've found that the ram dividers on the DFI boards are somewhat hit and miss. I'm honestly not really sure what causes it but several times I've run into problems where I know the CPU isn't maxed out, the ram isn't maxed out, but the divider is causing me issues. Just play around with it -- it took me several days to finally pinpoint the exact timings, dividers, etc. that allowed me to overclock to maximum potential.

Best of luck!

I havent tried with all divider yet. As my experience, with devider 133, 150, 166, 180.....the result is about the same.... Unlucky me, I really dont know the max of the CPU as 312 is max with me atm. Do you think I should try with phase to see if the CPU really max?
Btw...at wat is max htt for your mainboad without increase voltage for chipset and LDT? I saw you running 344x9....that really my dream

Back