• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help from other raptor users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

Anyone tried using western digitals utility with their raptor? The data lifeguard software with formatting and partition options and diagnostics... everytime i try to use it, it says it cant find a western digital drive, im using a raptor on a promise serial ata non raid card and its the only hard drive in my system

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i dont use those programs they have. most never work for me as i use raid and that tends to couse issues with those.

it is odd tho and might be a quirk since the drive is so new.gotta remember these raptors are originally scsi drives so that might be the reason.

cant ya just use a win98 rescue/boot disk and fdisk the drives?

btw how ya like the raptors? i love mine and fast as hell too!
5 year warrenty? ive never had anything that long but i guess its a nice addition.

OP
Spanko

Spanko

i have one, 2 in radi0 would be nice, but its not worth the money, not even if it doubled my 3dmark.... lol. Ive never used a lot of drive space so the size isnt a problem for me, and i also have a wd400bb. As far as the raptor goes i havent used it too much, my system has been down more then up lately :( and when i was using it i didnt notice a huge difference like i thought i would, but im about to format and everything and finally get my system set up, so well see.