• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help getting 4x8GB to boot [2500k x77 Extreme4]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

hello folks

i'm having trouble getting 2 of these kits to boot on my X77 Extreme4 with a 2500k.
https://www.newegg.com/mushkin-enha...3-sdram/p/N82E16820226406?Item=9SIA1K6AEA8339

it fails to boot 3 times, then goes into safe mode or whatever. i tried clearing the BIOS UI to default, leaving everything auto and it still doesn't boot. :bang head
loding the XMP 1.2 profile doesn't help.

i was running 2 4GB sticks of samsung low votage memory @1600 9-9-9-24 and just needed to change the DRAM voltage to 1.37v

i realize that 32GB is a lot for the memory controller to handle. i tried just 2 sticks with everything auto and had to lower to 1066 for it to boot. :shock:

any help on a process to get the memory controller to play nice would be most appreciated! :salute:

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 Extreme4/

**In order to maximize the system memory, please install 8GB memory module with 16 cells

Does your memory meet this requirement?

trents, thanks mate. :thup: i should have looked at the motherboard manufacturer's site before deciding on RAM for purchase.
luckily for me i took a mirror and looked, they are double sided. :attn:

did some tweaking with voltages yesterday. upped VTT to 1.2v, PLL down to 1.586v (lowest setting), and VCCSA to 1.2v
managed to get them running and memtest 5.01 stable with 1.4v DDR voltage. this while using the default 11-11-11-28 timings.

with VTT 1.2, PLL 1.59v, VCCSA down to 1.107v 1.2v, and bumping to 1.5v going to RAM, i can boot and stress @ 9-9-9-24 2T (XMP profile).
got through memtest tests 1-7 (5 and 6 are tough) i ran PRIME95 using 30GB of ram for 7 hours with no errors.
i'll probably do a couple of full memtest runs (takes a while with 32GB) just to be sure.

so far so good!

Last edited:
Back