• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help getting my connection to work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Centercore

I can connect but cant surf the web

Ok so i wanted to set up a connection for a computer yesterday this is what I did. I firstly opened up ie and went to tools/internet options/ connections and then add like ive done before. So after this si done I type in www.google.com and the connection dialog comes up and I connect and I connect sussefully what I expect to happen www.google.com loading up doesnt happen instead I get a blank page and the blue bar trying to read the end but doesnt.

Ive tried many things but nothing works anyone got any ideas ive tried google but not quite sure what to search

Last edited:
OP
Centercore

Centercore

:( no one helped me anyway I fixed this turns out the winsock registry entries were corrupt so I downloaded some good ones or something like that and inserted it into my registry after removing the old entries :D

jajmon

Glad you got it fixed. Your orignal post was kinda vauge, lacking detail on how you are connected etc, and lacked cohesion in grammar and structure. That could be why there wasn't any response.