• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Need help] Intel burn test warning but my CPU temp is just 60*C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Main" what? Increasing the voltage should not break your LAN hardware. It possibly could make it temporarily inoperable but should not harm it. Are you sure the internet problem is not with your modem/router? Can you get on the internet with other devices such as smart phones in the same room?

Roger that. Also, if that's actually caused by instability, then unfortunately, looks like a bootmgr error or a Windows file error is around the corner. :(

Last edited:
Make sure that the PCI-E frequency is locked to 100 Mhz and try again...
Yes, i did that. I set PCI-E to 101. Yesterday night, i set to 100 Mhz but it didn't work.
"Main" what? Increasing the voltage should not break your LAN hardware. It possibly could make it temporarily inoperable but should not harm it. Are you sure the internet problem is not with your modem/router? Can you get on the internet with other devices such as smart phones in the same room?
In that room, i can use my laptop and smartphone with wifi.

I honestly think it will be fine once the ratio is set to 1:1. Even my crappy E2180 from 2008 did 2.6 with no problem...

Starting at around 2.65 Ghz, you will need to raise the Vcore to 1.4 V It's looking a lot like the E2180 I used to have and I got "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD (and auto-reboot) at 2.8 when running Linpack before I raised the Vcore to 1.4V, IIRC...

65nm=Will need at least 1.4V easily.

OTOH, the E4500, which was my daily driver in 2012 and was last in service during 2014, IIRC, did 2.8 without a fuss and did 2.99 easily of course... That's 65 nm as well...
(But, the VID was only 1.200 V, which is super low for a 65 nm!)

(Even my E2180 had a lower VID, even though not by much (1.325V) )

Last edited:
I honestly think it will be fine once the ratio is set to 1:1. Even my crappy E2180 from 2008 did 2.6 with no problem...

Starting at around 2.65 Ghz, you will need to raise the Vcore to 1.4 V It's looking a lot like the E2180 I used to have and I got "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSOD (and auto-reboot) at 2.8 when running Linpack before I raised the Vcore to 1.4V, IIRC...

65nm=Will need at least 1.4V easily.

OTOH, the E4500, which was my daily driver in 2012 and was last in service during 2014, IIRC, did 2.8 without a fuss and did 2.99 easily of course... That's 65 nm as well...
(But, the VID was only 1.200 V, which is super low for a 65 nm!)

(Even my E2180 had a lower VID, even though not by much (1.325V) )
But please help me.
How to the ratio is set to 1:1 ?
I think my RAM bus is 400 MHZ. So should i change FSB to 400 ?
It is 200 in default.

My system memory multiplie has: auto, 2.66; 3,33; 4.0+
So i set it to 2.66 -> internet still lost
set it to 3.33 -> internet still lost.
How can i get my internet back ?

- - - Updated - - -

First, please get CPU-Z!
I has already had cpu-z in my computer. What should i do next ?

Last edited:
Now open CPU-Z and click on the CPU tab. Now make a screenshot of the CPU tab...

Now click on the Memory tab and make a screenshot of that tab.

Then upload them and post them to this thread.
For clarity, pentium, please post the same cpuz tabs you had in the first post but with your updated memory multiplier lowered to 266.

You can also use the windows clipping tool or hit alt+prtscn to capture the active window only. As a third option, you can open up multiple cpuz at the same time (wait for each to load before opening another), and take one screenshot will all of them.

Last edited:
For clarity, pentium, please post the same cpuz tabs you had in the first post but with your updated memory multiplier lowered to 266.

You can also use the windows clipping tool or hit alt+prtscn to capture the active window only. As a third option, you can open up multiple cpuz at the same time (wait for each to load before opening another), and take one screenshot will all of them.

Now open CPU-Z and click on the CPU tab. Now make a screenshot of the CPU tab...

Here it is.
I have change some things
Vcore to 1,45V. CPU 3.0Ghz and system memory multiplier to 2.66 and it pass 10 Intelburntest.
Tz86r3B.jpg

Is this ok ?
But i still have the problem with internet. It still lost.

Ok, boss... notice how your memory speed on the memory tab is now running SLOWER than its rated for? That is what you are looking for. THough, there should be another option to go to 1:1 as you are at 3:4. You said you are on the latest BIOS correct?

As far as your internet, are there lights on the port in the back? Can you confirm it is enabled still in your BIOS? Worst case, try resetting BIOS back to stock and start over. That board is cheaaaaaaaaaaap (poor power, no heatsinks on them), so, it may just be wonky at this point.

He would need to move the pics to a flash drive and use another computer to do that until he gets his LAN working again.

Pentium E2200 you need to go back into bios and hit th F5 key to load optimized defaults and start over. If that doesn't unhang your LAN then use the CMOS jumper to reset the bios. Before you move the jumper, power the computer down and unplug it. The move the jumper over to the Clear position for 30 seconds. Move it back and then restore power to the computer. The clear CMOS jumper is usually located near the round flat battery on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Ok, boss... notice how your memory speed on the memory tab is now running SLOWER than its rated for? That is what you are looking for. THough, there should be another option to go to 1:1 as you are at 3:4. You said you are on the latest BIOS correct?

As far as your internet, are there lights on the port in the back? Can you confirm it is enabled still in your BIOS? Worst case, try resetting BIOS back to stock and start over. That board is cheaaaaaaaaaaap (poor power, no heatsinks on them), so, it may just be wonky at this point.
Oh i saw. Can i ask you this things ?
what is the system memory multiplier, and what is it affect to fsb:dram ?
I set system memory multiplier 2.66, why fsb:dram change from 1:2 to 3:4 ?
I have read the topic about OC CPU dua and quad core but didn't see a clear information about it.
What is the fomulation show how 2.66 makes 3:4 ?

Yep, same here, both Ethernet and Wifi.

- - - Updated - - -

The instable OC might have corrupted some drivers. Try reinstalling the Ethernet and/or Wifi driver(s)
Hic.
I tried those menthods
1) Reset BIOS by taking the battery out /in -> reset to default => this didn't work.
2) I download LAN driver from gigabyte websites. But when i install them, this happen
6408d1386316593-help-me-installer-cant-find-atheros-ar81-family-ethernet-controller-your-system-errormessage-after-jpg

That was shock to me.
I go to device manager and can't find Network Adapters in there.
This is tragical :((

Hic.
I tried those menthods
1) Reset BIOS by taking the battery out /in -> reset to default => this didn't work.
2) I download LAN driver from gigabyte websites. But when i install them, this happen

That was shock to me.
I go to device manager and can't find Network Adapters in there.
This is tragical :((

Killed it. Board will be next.

Back