• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help, it's my first time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JordanBolduc

Registered
I unlocked my CPU using the pencil trick. I decided to raise my FSB and lower my Multiplier. By looking at my specs at the bottem, please help decided how high I should set things to start. I've got a 1/5 divider. I have no prior experience and I would like some advice. I DO know what to do, except where I should set things at. Thank you very much.:)

BadOC

mambo, your the first person ive seen with the same mobo as me. I'd like to ask you a few questions, firstly, are your 3dmark scores really ****ing low? Cuz mine are, and it seems like the motherboard chipset is the only thing that could be causing this. Please respond ASAP before i get my nforce2

Mambo

I only get around 6000 in 3dMark but when it comes to actually playing games I can usually push the settings pretty good

I play CS @ 1600x1200 with Quincunx AA and 8X AF

JKII 1280x1024 32bit color

Neither of which have any lag problems

It's also very likely that i'm gonna go and buy the A7N8X in the next month or so and I expect to see a good performance boost

TheFrag

BadOC said:
mambo, your the first person ive seen with the same mobo as me. I'd like to ask you a few questions, firstly, are your 3dmark scores really ****ing low? Cuz mine are, and it seems like the motherboard chipset is the only thing that could be causing this. Please respond ASAP before i get my nforce2

You might as well just get the Nforce. It will prolly bring up your scores by allowing OCing to the extreme!