• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help making a decision with monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

I feel kind of stuck.

I am currently using an old sharp aquos 32" tv as a monitor. It has a 60 hz refresh rate over HDMI, decent speakers, and has worked great for me for many years. I have it on a wall mount over my desk so it is closer to the wall than the stand would otherwise allow. It was a perfect working from home setup, but I am not working from home anymore.

Recently I 'won' a newegg shuffle and got a 3060 video card and a AORUS FI25F 24.5" 240Hz 1080P monitor. A bit of an upgrade over the integrated intel 4600 graphics and tv I have been using. The monitor is hands down the best I have ever encountered. It exceeded all my expectations for a monitor like this and is complete overkill for my gaming talents.

Now I have 2 different sized monitors on my desk and they do not fit and I can't figure out what to do.

1. Sell the Aorus monitor and get a replacement for the 32" tv that is probably less extreme or maybe 1440p.
2. Get a bigger desk/move desk to a different part of the room that will allow the monitors to be used at the same time.
3. Move the tv somewhere else, get some speakers, and put the 25" monitor on the wall mount.
4. ????

What would you do?

I would do #1 or #2 as that would do the best for how I work.

It's really a preference thing you're asking us... YMMV. :)

I would do #1 or #2 as that would do the best for how I work.

It's really a preference thing you're asking us... YMMV. :)

I know. I am a little dazzled by the current setup and it is making it hard to make a decision. Suddenly all of the inadequacies of my old setup are so obvious.

Back