• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on overclocking, first time oc'er

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jaredt771

Hi guys, I just joined here, and I've been wondering how to properly overclock my parts without screwing anything up. I have an Intel E8400, stock at 3.00Ghz, 9800GTX at 675/2200, and 2gbs of OCZ DDR3HPC RAM at 1333/10666, and a Corsair 750W Real Power Pro PSU(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817171024) all running on an Intel X38 Motherboard(which is Intel brand).

So on to my obvious questions, how do I go about overclocking these items? I really need to know what would be safe for my cpu and all that.

By the way, running a Zalman 9500A 2 Ball Bearing CPU heatsink/cooler, on a Cosmos S RC-1100 case, on air cooling.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry for noobishness though, this is my first gaming pc built, and I just want to get it right.