• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help on photo-edit software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco..Rules!

Registered
I've got 2 choices in my price range
1. photoshop elements
2. jasc paint shop pro
i can get either one for under 60 bucks

can anyone out there who uses these give me a run down of there strengths/weaknesses
( a full version of photoshop is out of the question as it is to expensive and if you look at the manuals available for it they look like small encyclopedia's)

its just for home photos, and sometimes to do those funny "photoshopped" pictures.

William

Prodigal Son Moderator
Elements is nice, it has a lot more options for digital photogrophy(its what it was designed for). I use PSP for my image editing stuff out of habit, but do all my digital photo junk in Elements.

SiliconX

JASC Paint Shop Pro is a nice program. It's basically Photoshop without some of the higher end features. 95% of which you'd never use anyway.

But i've never used Elements so my recommendation is kind of one-sided :D

Jon187

Registered
I like PSP for its ease of use, like SiliconX said, most of the stuff in Photoshop is beyond most of us.

Been with PSP for about 4 years now.

DeltaSierra

Disco...Rules? Did you ever buy Elements? I'm thinking about getting it also based on a couple hours of reading reviews. Did you buy it and do you like it?

Numbstruck

I love photoshop!!! It's one of the best programs out there. I won't say I utilize it to its fullest, but everytime I learn something new, I usually end up finding a use for it. Elements is supposed to be pretty close in equivalance(sp?) to photoshop, its just a like the celeron of Adobe I guess. I havent used it myself but IF it has MOST of what photoshop has then it would be a good buy. Again I've never used either of these programs

JMO