• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help on setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tread70

I downloaded both the console and the services but I want to configure it so that I am running at the best and with the best proteins. I tried to use the borging thread but I have no FAH in my registry to tweak out. Is this outdated or what? I set it for Team 32 and to use more processor power in the configure window but setting the -adv thingy I am lost and the rest for that matter.

Which is the best to run the console ( I like to see what its doing but not sure if the service has this) or the services?

The Text client is slightly faster than the Graphical client, since it uses less Windows overhead.

As for the -advmethods flag, you need to create a shortcut to the folding client .exe file. Then edit the properties of the shortcut. Add a space and then -advmethods to the end of the target line. It should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\FAH3Console.exe" -advmethods

Is that the only flag I need? What does most people use?

Back