• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Overclocking AMD FX-6350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RinKaV3

Hey, so I am kinda new with overclocking and I only got the cooler that came with the CPU, but I still want to overclock my CPU at least just a little bit and I need help on doing that.
Here's my pc info:
Motherboard: MSI 970 Gaming
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti
CPU: AMD FX-6350 3.9 GHz
Not so sure about my ram, I got 2x 4gb DDR3

Info from CPU Z:

I would probably want to overclock to 4GHz or to like 4.1-4.2 GHz.

There is a video where a guy overclocks it to 4.7 Ghz, but I do not know what I would have to change to overclock it to 4.1 GHz

What cooler came with the CPU? AMD started offering retail packages with better coolers recently on their FX line of CPUs. Is it the low end retail cooler or the Wraith?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...ignorebbr=1&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113416

If it's not the Wraith I would discourage you from trying to overclock until you get a good aftermarket cooler. There just isn't any temp headroom for it.

It isn't the Wraith. Hmm so what kind of cooler would you recommend getting me ? Under like 50-40$

Every CPU, even of the same model, will have different overclocking potential. The quality of the silicon used for each batch varies. Just because someone got theirs to 4.7 ghz does not mean yours or mine will do that well. Most FX-6350s will do 4.5 without much problem on a decent motherboard and good cooling.

Also he forgotten to mention if you don't have any case fans get at least 2 of them one for intake one exoust. Plus that cooler is rather large if it dose not fit in case go with Cooler Master Hyper 212x it fits in any case

Also he forgotten to mention if you don't have any case fans get at least 2 of them one for intake one exoust. Plus that cooler is rather large if it dose not fit in case go with Cooler Master Hyper 212x it fits in any case

Not true. It is a tall cooler and will not fit in a lot of mid tower cases. That's why I suggested the Cryorig H7. It is shorter than the CM Hyper 212 evo and cools better.

But the suggestion about case fans for good air flow is right on.

Back