• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Picking a Wifi Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

I plan on getting a Ipod touch for my GF tomorrow , I would like her to be able to use Wifi to check her Facebook ( so she isnt on my PC :) )

But this is one area I know Nothing about . What should I be looking for ? I want as fast as possible . I will be giving my buddy next door access to a shared folder . ( so being able to change the antenna would be nice )
Im looking for a good unit that is also a GIGAbit router for the hardwired systems in my house .
I would also like to install DD-wrt on it .
So if any one has any good rewies books barked or know a bunch please LMK .

So you need to look for

N wireless router
Gigabit ports
Removable antenna

PS good pick on DDwrt, I have a large wireless network that I provide access to most of my family. I run G not N :-( and also the router plugs in a gigabit router ;-(

Linksys WRT320N has every thing you ask for but the removable antenna :-(

Best bet would be to look at the DDWrt supported list and then check for ones that support all your needs or split up your needs to different equipment.

So I ended up getting an Asus WL-520GU , it doesnt have Gig but it was only 49$ and DD wrt is working great on it

Back