• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you don't have a choice, you don't.
I don't mind spend the $$ for new Win 11. I have a couple games that I can't do the reinstall because it said I had reached the maximum number of install. I am gonna try with Win 10 then upgrade Win 11. If I hit with issues then I will have no choice but to buy fresh Win 11. :)

Ok. Windows 10 installed. The PC don't see any wifi. I am sure it's need intel wifi driver. Any body wanna help with link so I can download and give it ago?

Direct link to Win10 versios for wifi zip & bluetooth zip.

All drivers are here.
Thank you so much. Download and install. I had the Network Adapter dialog open. Right after the install. Network Adapter show Intel R wifi 6E. I got Wifi. :).

Ok. I need more help please. The USB stick I just use to installed Wins 10. Now I try to use it again to boot in to Windows again so that I can enter into repair mode because I want to Re-Image system back up that I had in place. I am having trouble booting from USB stick. It keep enter to restart Windows that I don't want.

Aha. Got it. Restart by keep pressing, F6 F7 F11. F11 is the one that boot into Windows. Lucky guessing.

Attachments

• 299109906_.jpg
    299109906_.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Oh crap. What can I do to be able to re-image my backup? The backup date in 11/23/2021 Windows 10 Pro. I just reinstall Windows 10 Pro but I have not do any update. I wonder, if I do all the update and then try again?

Attachments

• 298824242_793775395392764_351317292366724739_n.jpg
    298824242_793775395392764_351317292366724739_n.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 2
Since I can not re-image my backup. I think I am going to try this. Remove the Samsung 980 Pro NVMe .M2 and put back in the old Samsung 970 Evo SSD that containing the OS and all apps. The PC should boot from the SSD. I am going to buy NVMe .M2 enclosure and insert the Samsung 980 Pro in there. Then I am going try the free version Reflect to clone the SSD Evo to the Samsung NVMe .M2. I will be order the enclosure and give it a try. What do you guys think of this thought?

I think it's convoluted and overcomplicated.. Why not just image the 970 and blow it down to the 980?

Boot to the 970 without the 980 plugged in. Put the 980 in then clone the 970 to the 980. Remove the 970, put the 980 in the primary socket, viola.

I think it's convoluted and overcomplicated.. Why not just image the 970 and blow it down to the 980?

Boot to the 970 without the 980 plugged in. Put the 980 in then clone the 970 to the 980. Remove the 970, put the 980 in the primary socket, viola.
Aha. Got it. Hella lot better then I was planning on doing. Thanks. Here is a question. After booting from the 970 and shot down. Then put in the 980 and restart. What is going to happen when the system seeing the 980 containing the OS? There is no way for me to format it with out a enclosure.

I don't understand what you're asking about the 980...

...why are you formatting it? Why do you need it in an enclosure? The cloning software will set the drive straight...windows should figure itself out...

I don't understand what you're asking about the 980...

...why are you formatting it? Why do you need it in an enclosure? The cloning software will set the drive straight...windows should figure itself out...
Got it. Thanks. Will definitely try it tomorrow.

Update. Not doing good. I remove the 980 and put in the 870 SSD Sata port. In the bios I change boot priority to UEFI Hard Disk press enter and save & exit. Upon restart it keep enter into the bios page. It should boot into Windows but it's not. In the bios SATA Port. It's seeing the 500gb SSD. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
It should be WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER for boot priority (W10+).

....what do you mean, BIOS SATA port? So is your Samsung 970 a SATA-based M.2 device? And you mean you connected it to an M.2 socket that supports SATA-based M.2 modules?? What is the 500GB SSD??? Please elaborate as you're missing some critical information for anyone to help. Feels like you're telling a story starting midway through, lol.

It should be WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER for boot priority (W10+).

....what do you mean, BIOS SATA port? So is your Samsung 970 a SATA-based M.2 device? And you mean you connected it to an M.2 socket that supports SATA-based M.2 modules?? What is the 500GB SSD??? Please elaborate as you're missing some critical information for anyone to help. Feels like you're telling a story starting midway through, lol.
Samsung Evo 870 500gb SSD is not a .M2 drive but rather an old SSD required a sata port to connect. Under boot priority there is no Windows boot manager. Never mind all that now. I am going to buy WIN 11.

Samsung Evo 870 500gb SSD is not a .M2 drive but rather an old SSD required a sata port to connect. Under boot priority there is no Windows boot manager. Never mind all that now. I am going to buy WIN 11.
Do it from URCDkey. Save some money

You're aware you can install it without buying it, right?

Do it from URCDkey. Save some money

You're aware you can install it without buying it, right?
yes of course. :) I went on MSI website looking at the MSI Z690 MPG Edge DDR5 Wifi. I downloaded the bios for this motherboard. (7D31vH7) can you please help me confirming this is the right bios I am looking at? Can you please help me looking at their website. I think I download the wrong one.

Installed Win 11 Pro . Holy smokey I was in a loss for at good 10 minute just to browsing around. I was having difficulty just try to find where the hell is the shut down/restart button. Took me a little bit to find it. Definitely take time to get use to. The install went smooth without any issues. Now I just need to get on to the site provided by Earthdog to order the keys.

Back