• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help! Problem with Fortron PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeffy

Registered
I just got my new Fortron 530 from Newegg today, I was so excited and can't wait toput it into my computer to replace a old Highpower 350w psu.

however, that's what the problem start, after put the new psu into my pc, I find the pc seems very unstable and frozen every couple minutes(it's never happened with the old psu for past couple months). so I switched back my old HighPower psu, and my computer can't even properly start anymore.it always got a blue screen for one second then restart just before reach the log in page ( I am using Windows XP), I then tried both new Fortron and old highpower psu couple times(more than 10) and always get same result.

Then, I brought my boot HD to my friend's pc (which has exact same configuration as mine), and I can boot my HD from his without any problem.

Does it mean my Motherboard got damaged?:(

Thanks for any info, suggestion!

Jeffy

Wiz4rd said:
Clear your cmos and start overclockging from scratch again.

I didn't overclock at all. just use default setting.

Wiz4rd said:
Put your old PSU back in to see if the PSU is the problem.

with the old PSU, the best result I got is able to boot up with safe mode, and that's it.

But same HD can be boot up without any problem with an identical configured system.

It's really weird.

I would lean towards a motherboard issue. But it can be your board, cpu or ram. I would start swapping these parts out for different ones and locate your problem. But I bet it's your board.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
dare to put that psu in another system?

Yes, I am dare enough to put the Fortron psu into my friend's system. it works fine without problem so far, and I am doing prime95 test right now while I am typing.:)

Any suggestion of which software I should use for stress test?

Back