• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Really Bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daNo-

I built my rig:

IS7-G
P4 2.4c
2x256 KHX PC-3200 Dual Channel
Asus CDrom
80 Gig Maxtor
G4 Ti 4600
Thermalright SP-94 W/ Thermaltake SmartFan II
Antec SL400

Now, my problem is that when first time i booted.. it booted fine.. i went into the Bios.. checked cpu temp and all it looked all alright... Then for First boot device i chose CDRom so i could go ahead and install windows.... thats the only thing i changed and also put non for Drive A (FLoppy) and then i saved to cmos and exited... After that my system wouldn't post.... Whats going on??? ...

***(((PLEASE read the 5th reply in this thread for further understanding of my problem)))***

Last edited:
I forgot to say that after setting Drive A (Floppy) to non since i dont have any.... when i reboot it doesnt post.. later after i reboot 2 more times it boots and there's this REALLY fast beeping going on.... and it says theres this error with DRive A or something..... helppp :( ... even if i DON'T change any setting in the bios and then i exit... it doesn't post.... :(

Last edited:
YES I KNOW how to reset the CMOS but I DO NOT know how to solve the problem.................

Anyone willing to help? , ive been patient all day waiting for some responses...... :(
I'll say again whats troubling me:

My system boots and i enter the Bios. I CANNOT change ANY setting since it will not post if i do. I have to reset CMOS. Later I tried other settings but still it didn't post. After all that i just entered the Bios and saved and exited right away, but it DIDN'T post. Sometimes when I tried changing the setting of Drive A, which is floppy to NON, it wouldn't post, and then after rebooting (not clearing CMOS) it gave very loud and very fast beeping.

I had to turn off and reset CMOS. And I don't even know how to even install windows since when i turn on the computer at first boot it shows a screen where it tells what kind of CPU and HT technology enabled and such, and it also scans for my IDE devices which looked right to me too. and then at the bottom of the screen it asks me if i want to enter Setup (bios) thats all...

Those are my issues... I really don't know what's going on..

If someone could help me solve them I'd be the happiest man alive.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry for posting so many times but.. i do still need help fixing this problem.... EVERYTHING is well connected i presume, also when i enter the bios and change a setting or no setting at all and then i save to cmos and exit, after that a screen shows up saying something like this:

BIOS checksum Error

Drive A error (or something like that)

.... no matter what i do i get that error... and no i dont have a floppy drive connected...

IF anyone ever replies it would be much appreciated

Wow guys im impressed, with all the help i got i finally SOLVED it :D hehe... anyways i was messing around with my chip while i was at it.. im at 250 fsb at 3 ghz... is it safe to install windows with my system overclocked??????????????

Thanks....

I have often done so but not at my top OC..you want to be sure it is absolutly stable for OS install.

Yea you always want to make sure you got a stable system when installing otherwise problems can happen. I was lucky when I did an install because I was at 3.6gig @ 1.7v and its not stable at that at all.

I was impatent, so keep it within resonable limits when installing.

Yea i think it was rock solid stable... i had no prolems installing windows...:D im installing all my drivers and stuff.. .ill keep ocing this guy later

Back