• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help sharing printer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I hope this is in the right place.
I am having trouble sharing my HP 970CSE printer with my other computer,it is run off the Linksys router,any info would be greatly appreciated..Thanks

Dave

OP
Dave65

Dave65

I have both computers run through the router.

From the modem to the Link hookup on back of router and them both computers hooked into the router..

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
you misunderstood my question.
Is the printer you want to share directly connected to a computer? or is it directly connected to the router?

Also, what Operating systems are you using?

su root

Senior Member, --, I teach people how to read your
What OS are you using on the machines?

You are having problems sharing it.. what are your "problems".. what have you done so far?

frodoski

To share a printer:

1.) Click on Start|Settings|Printers
2.) When the printers appear, right click on the printer you wish to share, click on Properties.
3.) When the properties dialog box opens, click on the Sharing Tab.
4.) Click on the Share this Printer radio button.
5.) Now, you have two choices, A.) accept the default name for the shared printer, or B.) name the printer with an appropriate name of your choice.

Note: these steps will apply to Win 9X/Win2K/WinXP machines.

[edit]
Oh! I almost forgot, as with any shared resource the appropriate user accounts must exist to allow sharing of the resources between machines. Ain't workgroups so special?
[/edit]

Last edited: