• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help stabilizing overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kilroy Was Here

Registered
Here is what I can get it to run stable at.
52714516.png

Here is what I'm trying to stabilize.
79672385.png

Any ideas?
P.S.-I can't adjust my voltages.

-Kilroy Was Here

cmichaelt

try k10stat for adjusting voltages. i don't have a link to the program unfortunately.

EDIT: also note that if your default voltage on your motherboard/cpu is 1.424 volts then when you open k10stat the default value may be 1.350v on the program. 1.350 = 1.424. and if you increase the voltage to 1.3625 on k10stat, your new voltage is = 1.549v.

QuietIce

Disabled
You're definitely pushing the edge with load temps, 55°C is usually the upper limit for a good clock.

I've always figured ±0.01v per core so your ±0.03 vCore is fine.

Do the RAM timings on the Memory tab match those on the SPD tab and is the RAM slightly under-clocked? How about cpuNB speed - are you running ~2200 MHz or so ...?

Niku-Sama

gigabye has a thing about hiding useful bios menus.

in the bios menu see if holding CTRL and hitting F1 "unlocks" any thing in your bios, they've been doing things like this since Socket A days but the Ctrl+F1 stayed the same

OP
Kilroy Was Here

Kilroy Was Here

Registered
Thanks, that unlocks advanced chipset features which is how I overclocked it in the first place, but no voltages. Thanks anyways.

-Kilroy

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
nTune can be used for helping with the CPU, but its ILL advised. Its not stable at all. Use it only for the GPU. If you want to do Software OC use K10stats or AOD.

OP
Kilroy Was Here

Kilroy Was Here

Registered
K10stat doesn't work for me, and anything besides viewing cpu info in AMD Overdrive requires a series 7 chipset. WE NEED A NVIDIA CHIPSET OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE!
Anyone?

-Kilroy

OP
Kilroy Was Here

Kilroy Was Here

Registered
Finallu got it, I lowered my RAM multiplier and it finally runs stable at 3.6. Too bad I can't raise the voltage to go farther. Oh well this is still cool with me.
36stable.jpg

-Kilroy