• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help tweaking my Ryzen + NVIDIA system (Just returned to PC)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Get yourself a nice quiet fan in there. It'll help tremendously. Have you tried P95 again with the fan on the VRM

pnd, throttling is tied to total power draw and heat which is driven more by voltage than frequency. Lowering your overclock frequency without lower voltage will not change that much at all. Workers dropping out when running Prime95 typically means you need more core voltage but if you are getting throttling you also need to lower core voltage or get better cooling. Putting a small spot fan to blow on the VRM section can fix that as Johan45 indicated above.

Hey guys, thank you for all your help. I did try a fan on the VRM, and it did surely help. I am using a Thermaltake Core P3 case, so there is not air flow as I am using an AIO on the CPU. So a small fan did help. However I just kept getting different kinds of instability that was annoying me. Also BSODs from memory failure the whole time. Did not matter if I set timings manually or by XMP.
So in the end, I decided to go buy another mobo and CPU today. Just about done setting it up, but I am running in to loads of new questions now :) Will open a new thread about it in a minute.

Back