• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help w\boincveiw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SCREAMING EAGLE

how do you set up a location that will work with this program, it always says dosent seem to be a boinc file use it any way I try this and nothing happens. :mad:

JigPu

Inactive Pokémon Moderator
Are you pointing it to your BOINC directory (C:\Program Files\BOINC\ in my case), or some subdirectory of it? It has to be the plain old BOINC directory like I have or it won't work.

Also, is BOINC set up with any projects and WUs? That might also be the problem (not sure since I've never tried setting up boincview with a BOINC that has no units)

JigPu

OP
S

SCREAMING EAGLE

well I thought it was working properly, now every thing seems to work except for the completed work tab shows nothing after having completed some work.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Hmm not sure what to make of that. Can you try starting over fresh with boinc view?

OP
S

SCREAMING EAGLE

B-veiw is now showing three completed wu, I think there should be more. Think I'll watch for a bit and see if it is now recording wu's correctly. Be nice to know this is working right seeing as this is the only way to know how many wu I have completed.