• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help w/ OC Pent III 733

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cantrell

Machine is currently very stable @ 825 (150 x 5.5, prime 95 running).... However, I think i could get more out of the CPU..... IF...

Here is the probs... When running higher than 150 FSB ...

@ 151, 152, 153 ... My NIC dies on me.. Are there any out there that you KNOW that will handle higher FSB speeds? Currently using a cheapo LinkSYS

@ 154, 155, 156+, My SCSI UW controller starts freaking out ... Drives only operate in bursts w/ long waits before reading/writing again... ABSOLUTELY kills performance.... Is a Tekram, Do Adaptec's handle higher FSB's better?

@ 157, 158, 160 + Machine will not even bring up the bios menu... I assume that this is a memory fault... If you are curious, it is el cheapo generic PC 100 running @ CAS3 ...

Should I just settle with the 825 or can I do better?

My system

Abit VP6 with twin 733's (core 1.75) have had it as high as 1.90 successfully

Global WIn FOP38 w/ arctic silver compound
3d Prophet 2MX w/ 32 sdram
el cheapo 100 mhz memory 128 meg total
micopolis 9 gig UW SCSI
seagate 4 gig " "
creative ensonique sound
linksys nic
tekram SCSI controller

Any help appreciated...

Can't get to the sound barrier in a Pinto, gonna have to do the unthinkable and get a faster chip... good job so far though.

Pinky

Back