• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with 8600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokey152

Hello, I am brand new to this forum and overclocking in general. I am trying to overclock my 8600k, but the best I can get is 4.7ghz with avx set to 1, so I guess 4.6ghz. This obviously is not satisfactory. If I set it higher than 4.7, or use avx auto or 0, prime 95 fails on at least one of the cores after not even 20 mins of blend test. In bios I have the vcore set to 1.310 and I think I turned off all the features a guide I used told me to turn off. My question essentially is if there is something I am doing wrong, or don't understand. I am also including a link of what my exact build is and the guide that I tried to follow. I ran prime 95, and after about an hour the highest temperature was at a maximum of 70. The vid, which I understand to be the same as vcore is 1.2328v.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9k7WyX
https://overclocking.guide/gigabyte-z370-overclocking-coffee-lake/

For the guide, i left uncore as auto. Sorry if that isn't enough information, like I said, I am new to this ocing thing and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

try a 4.8 clock with a 2 avx offset.
little software uses avx anyway.
try to find prime95 26.6, it does not have avx instructions.

The games I play like BF1 also chrome and windows 10 OS use AVX. You can overclock with stress test up to 90c or 1.4v whichever comes first. Your doing fine.:)

try a 4.8 clock with a 2 avx offset.
little software uses avx anyway.
try to find prime95 26.6, it does not have avx instructions.

OK, Thank you for your input

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The games I play like BF1 also chrome and windows 10 OS use AVX. You can overclock with stress test up to 90c or 1.4v whichever comes first. Your doing fine.:)

OK, that is good to know, I was concerned i was pushing too hard.

Back