• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with AMD CRIMSON settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

so i just bought a new RX 470 and after using nvidia for so long im a bit lost. the last time i used amd was when they were still using catalyst so is there a guide out there that will explain what each setting means in the global games tab so i can configure my GPU as i like seems like theres a lot of new settings i havent seen before

It's been several months since I used the Wattman software, so I don't want to try and go from memory and potentially confuse the issue for you. I found this when I got mine and found it helpful. He references the 480 but the controls are the same, just different settings.

Unless you're more comfortable with, or just want to try, MSI's Afterburner tool. It's a little more intuitive (for me anyway) and might make your set up easier. This one is with a RX 470, so it may be more helpful.

Unless you're more comfortable with, or just want to try, MSI's Afterburner tool. It's a little more intuitive (for me anyway) and might make your set up easier. This one is with a RX 470, so it may be more helpful.

im not asking about overclocking im asking about GPU settings for gaming ie anti aa and the like the whole crimson interface is new to me nvidias conmtrol panel im used to amd's im not i need a guide to teach what wall the settings to in the global game settings

im not asking about overclocking im asking about GPU settings for gaming ie anti aa and the like the whole crimson interface is new to me nvidias conmtrol panel im used to amd's im not i need a guide to teach what wall the settings to in the global game settings
All that stuff under global is just the fine tuning section. You can probably leave it at stock configuration and be just fine for most things. I will say 2 things about those settings and though:

1) they will allow you to set a custom profile for individual games. If you want Game A to have 4xAA and Game B to only use 2xAA, then you can create a "custom profile" in the global options

2) I dont know what any of the rest of that crap means without the aid of a search for engine :)

All that stuff under global is just the fine tuning section. You can probably leave it at stock configuration and be just fine for most things. I will say 2 things about those settings and though:

1) they will allow you to set a custom profile for individual games. If you want Game A to have 4xAA and Game B to only use 2xAA, then you can create a "custom profile" in the global options

2) I dont know what any of the rest of that crap means without the aid of a search for engine :)

thats but so far my games play fine on ultra so no worries

I didn't know you meant game settings. The only thing I have there is if you run into low fps, turn AA down or off. Other than that the default settings should cover most situations. Seems like it's working for you.

thats but so far my games play fine on ultra so no worries
Well then there isnt much reason to concern with them, except for your own knowledge. I think you might get better feedback on this topic if you asked something like "should Setting A be A1) or A2) for GameX"

One thing I did think of though was VSR. Virtual Super Resolution can be enabled under the display tab in Crimson. If you havent switched it on yet, you might like to. What it does is: renders at a higher resolution than you display would usually support and resizes for the dimensions of your screen. Kind of handy if you wanted 1080p and your monitor doesnt support it naturally. VSR does render @ the targeted resolution though so your gpu will work harder than it wae previously

Back