• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with bios settings on Gigabyte board to get 5ghz from 6700K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skydawg

I have a gigabyte z170x gaming 7 and i7-6700K. I am stable at 4.8 and want to go further. All I have done so far is change multiplier and up the vcore to 1.4v. Current temps are about 60c under full load. Running 64gb gskill ripjaws V 3000. Cooled with Kraken x62 AIO. Would like some info on finessing the tweak to push it. Anyone with this kind of setup please let me know.

Thanks,
John

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
What are you using for load testing?
You don't want to go over 1.4V for 24/7 usage, 4.8GHz is typically about all you get out of a 6700K.

Jeff G

I have that same combo, with a custom loop, and 4.8 was the best I could get before voltage started to get out of hand. Temps stay under 60C as well, but I started needing way too much voltage for a 24/7 build.

OP
S

Skydawg

I am using XTU intel extreme for load testing. I am currently at 4.9ghz with voltage at 1.45v. Temps are nominal. The highest peak early on is 77c on 2 cores until the kraken fans react to the liquid temperature then they all back off to high 50's and low 60's.

trents

Sorry, dude, but you just don't have a 5.0 ghz piece of silicon there. As was said already, 4.8 is about the ceiling on that model.

Last edited:

Lochekey

Senior Pink Member
Are you looking for a 5ghz stable overclock or just looking to push 5ghz for fun and maybe run a few benchmarks. If you see looking for a stable overclock see above. If you just want to push it for fun I'm sure we can get you there.

ATMINSIDE

Sim Racing Aficionado Co-Owner
I am using XTU intel extreme for load testing. I am currently at 4.9ghz with voltage at 1.45v. Temps are nominal. The highest peak early on is 77c on 2 cores until the kraken fans react to the liquid temperature then they all back off to high 50's and low 60's.

Again, 1.4V is the most you want for 24/7 usage.