• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with cable management and case organization

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabe_G

Hi My Name is Gabe,
I am brand new to this forum. I love building my own computers tweaking them and upgrading them, and I have some questions about cable management. I have a Corsair C70 Vengeance case and a non modular power supply, I also have a micro atx motherboard, how do I organize the power supply cables and my case fan cables? I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks,
Gabe.

Zip ties, velcro strips...etc. hide them along the frame, tie them together, etc...i mean, look in your case and see where you can route them, group together what you can, use velcro strips or zipties to hold them in place.

Not sure if that his his or not, but I can clearly see in that picture a fan cable going through the bottom grommet, and I assume that top front fan goes through the second grommet. The rear case fan can sometimes go over top and through the hole where the 8 pin CPU goes and back to the board.

That box... think outside of it. :)

No E_D's right that's just a Google image for an idea. But I would route the two front intakes through the back panel or right side if you're looking at the front of the case and bring them out the grommets closest to which ever fan header is closest. The one at the rear is trickier to hide. I usually cheat and tuck it under the VRM heatsink so the cable isn't visible. Here's a couple pics from a current build I'm working on. This case has a fan header in the back so it makes it cleaner but you'll get the idea.

Rear Fan (it's really an RGB header but you get the point)
20170511_225945.jpg

CPU Fan
20170511_230028.jpg

Thanks for your help.
No E_D's right that's just a Google image for an idea. But I would route the two front intakes through the back panel or right side if you're looking at the front of the case and bring them out the grommets closest to which ever fan header is closest. The one at the rear is trickier to hide. I usually cheat and tuck it under the VRM heatsink so the cable isn't visible. Here's a couple pics from a current build I'm working on. This case has a fan header in the back so it makes it cleaner but you'll get the idea.

Rear Fan (it's really an RGB header but you get the point)
View attachment 190994

CPU Fan
View attachment 190995

Back