• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Corsair PC3200 XMS rev 1.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tawcan

Registered
I recently got Abit NF7-S and 2500+ as my system upgrades. Right now I'm trying to overclock but I think my ram is the limiting factor. I have 2 sticks of Corsair PC3200 256MB XMS rev 1.1.

I know higher FSB the better, but since I run F@H I want highest MHz as possible. (Those of you run F@H should understand why).

Anyway, right now 2500+ is running @ 11*211. 1.8V Vcore, 2.8V Vdimm, Vdd is at 1.7V. I'm using 5/5 divider and ram timing is 11-3-2-2 (can use 11-2-2-2 as well).

I can't seem to get the FSB up to 220. I've tried running at 10-3-3-2 ram timing (5/5), and 5/4 at 11-3-2-2. The system boots up in Window no problem but seems to lock up in Windows.

Is there any way I can push it higher? Please help. Thanx!

thats strange... if you can run it 2-2-2, then it should be BH-5 chips, which should go a lot higher than that...

Don't know if they're BH-5 chips. I have had these ram sticks for almost 2 years now. Not sure if Corsair uses BH-5 chips back then. I thought they're Samsung chips. :-/

The guy I bought the 2500+ said he was able to get it up to 10.5*240 @ 1.9V I believe. He used some PC3700 ram @ 3.1V I think.

Just checked Lost Circuit's review on ram (old review) and they were able to get v 1.1 up to 232 with 2.75 @ 6-2-3-2. :eh?:

I'm pretty sure they're BH-6 or something like that.

Try lowering your CAS Latency to 2.5 - you won't experience much of a performance drop as long as you keep tRCD (RAS to CAS Delay) at 2.

More voltage may be needed. Not all memory will act the same with differant systems. More voltage may be required to increase the stability to playable levels. Since 2.8V is the highest a NF7 will go, you may need to look to doing a VDIMM mod. There are several VDIMM options for the NF7, some of which do not require any permanent modifications. For VDIMM mods, check xtremesystems.org Volt Mod and I'm sure there a couple websites for this as well.

The rev 1.1 3200LL are BH-5. I am not sure what the 3200C2s are.

Which do you have: Low latency (LL)or the Cas 2 (C2)

Also: above 218, I have heard people having to go cas 2.5

Hmmm I tried running at 10-3-3-2.5, 5/5 divider with 1.85V and 2.8V and got blue screen during boot up.

11*213 would run fine for hours then the computer would lock up. :(

What is it with Corsair,I have had to RMA 3 512 3200 XMS in the last 2 months.
The one I got now is no better,my cheap TwinMos is out doing the Corsair and I am getting better timings with the TwinMos,I have never had this bad of luck with Corsair,as a matter of fact ever since the NFORCE 2 came out it seems,ive had 3 NF7 boards and the Corsair will not do anything it is supposed to do,it will do 200X11 no problem as long as timings are 8-3-3-2.5,three different boards 3 different XMS 3200s,all the same:(

I have the Twinnx 2*256 PC-3200ll chips and there running great i can run them up to 220Mhz then im not sure if its the Proc or the Ram that stoping me but the ram dose more than what is said it would on the box so im happy. And the Dividers i have heard dont work so well if there at anything that will not reduce to a 1:1 ratio.

mfjonny said:
Corsair XMS3200C2 v1.1 uses BH-6 ICs...

v1.2 use CH-6 ICs.

The rev. 1.1 used the BH-5 ICs and the rev 1.2 use CH-5 ICs.

Here and here are a couple of threads discussing this.

For more help on Corsair prod. you can go to this forum site. It is informative and helpful. RAMGUY is the guy to talk to.

So is it save to say my 512 XMS 3200 C2 rev 1.2 has BH-5 chips?
Or am I missing something.

No I don't think the C2 have them. Only the LL rev 1.1. I am not sure what chips are on the C2. I will investigate.

You can check the corsair support forums for more info as well.

Tawcan: cool I see it! Any time man! :cool:

Edit: Turns out the 3200C2 1.1 used the bh-6 and the 1.2 use either bh-6 or ch-6. Here is a link.

Last edited:
Eroc said:
No I don't think the C2 have them. Only the LL rev 1.1. I am not sure what chips are on the C2. I will investigate.

You can check the corsair support forums for more info as well.

Tawcan: cool I see it! Any time man! :cool:

Edit: Turns out the 3200C2 1.1 used the bh-6 and the 1.2 use either bh-6 or ch-6. Here is a link.

Thanks Eroc for the info,the thing is all three Dimms I have have do not like higher voltages at all,2.7 is all it wants:(
But also is the same with my Twinmos it don;t like any higher than 2.7 either,but the Twinmos I can get higher FSB with it than with the Corsair curently 210X11.

Hmmmm should I try using even higher voltage for my ram and see if I can get it up higher? My case temp seems ok (~22-25 depending on my room temp).

Dave65 said:

Thanks Eroc for the info,the thing is all three Dimms I have have do not like higher voltages at all,2.7 is all it wants:(
But also is the same with my Twinmos it don;t like any higher than 2.7 either,but the Twinmos I can get higher FSB with it than with the Corsair curently 210X11.

What Ram are you using and revision?

Tawcan

Hmmmm should I try using even higher voltage for my ram and see if I can get it up higher? My case temp seems ok (~22-25 depending on my room temp).

What does your bios allow?

Also: I would not go over 2.9 and 2.75 is highest recommended by Corsair.

Back