• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with ip add.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD900

well =how can i change my ip address b/c i got banned from one channel from irc so how could i go back. when i got banned it happen so fast i didnt even see who was on it. it said something about ip add. or that the host wouldnt let me go in.

JasonKosi

Well, it would depend on what type of Internet connection you have and what they use for their IP addressing scheme.

If you can tell us that, maybe we can help you out some more. Although, if you were being a trouble-maker, maybe the regulars on the IRC channel would rather us not :p

OP
A

AMD900

well i understand ur point but im not a trouble maker but u or anybody know that for a fact so if is going to be a problem dont worry. im on 56k and i dont know the other part

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
AMD900 said:
well i understand ur point but im not a trouble maker but u or anybody know that for a fact so if is going to be a problem dont worry. im on 56k and i dont know the other part

disconnect and reconnect :) you won't get the same ip address when you dialup the second time... chances are extremely low...

zachj

Chainsaw Senior
Yerp . . . The only way you get a static IP is through some cable companies (and I guess DSL too?) and a router. But router IPs aren't the same as the IP a server on the 'net sees. All you should have to do is reconnect. If, however, you're recognized by more than just an IP, which I suspect you might be, it probably won't un-ban you.

Z

Kendan

Senior Punk
In IRC there are several ways you can be banned. by your name/hostmask/IP . It just depends how they banned you. There are several reasons for banning someone too. If you happened to Spam the channel they could ban you. My advice is to PM an op from that channel and work it out. If you avoid the ban then they can have you banned from the network:eek:

Yakbak

Ban evasion is not very nice, and you could end up with a K-line or g-line, if you break the ban or channel rules.

Best to contact whoever banned you and explain yourself.