• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with MBM5...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

I'm trying to get Motherboard Monitor 5 running on my parents comp. The thing loaded and everything just fine, but I can't get any readings off of it execpt the CPU speed. Is my parents comp to old to have any temp. monitoring sensors or voltage sensors? It's a Gateway 350, 350mhz pentium II, 128 Sdram to give you a feel for it's age. So could some one help me set this up, or tell me wheather this comp even can run this program.

thanks,
Kent

Tipycol

Dd you set up the main sensor chip and all the different sensors like it says under MBM's help? Did you restart the computer afterwards?

Edward2

Open MBM5, on the General page select the System tab, and then click on the computer screen at the bottom of the window. Read what all it says. It will usually give you some information about what temp and voltage readings are available from your motherboard. Also, you may want to check out the MBM5 website and see what you can find there.

OP
kent_b29

kent_b29

Ok, I tried what you guys said and here's what I get. There's no main sensor chip so I can't get voltages or fans. But it does have 2 possible temp. sensors. I set these up as sensor 1 and 2. I get 3C for both. That is definetely not right. The two temp sensors it shows are MAX1617-9 LOCAL and MAX1617-9 REMOTE. Anyone know what these mean or can offer anymore help?

thanks,
Kent

Edward2

I have both of those temp sensors listed on my rig, but I am not using either one of them. I'm not sure what they are or what they do, but they were not useful on my system. You may be out of luck if there is no main sensor chip. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

Mike K

You probably simply don't have a sensor. After all it IS a Gateway computer. Most store-bought computers don't have them because 99.9% of the people will not even care about it.