• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my maxtor..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[email protected]

Registered
Bought a new maxtor diamond 9 120GB 7200rpm ata 133..The harddrive is really fast but it sounds a lot..Have read about that maxtor hd:s should be very silent but mine is definately not..Is it possible i have done anything wrong when installing it..Any hints or help is welcome

Jon

Just Another Retired Moderator
Not sure if they still have this utlity for the latest Maxtor drives, but do a search for their acoustic management utlity at their website. It allows you to make changes to the drive to lower the noise (at the cost of a little bit of performance).

However, as far as I know, all Maxtor drives ship at a low default setting so if it can't be set any lower than it is now, it just may be a bit noisier than you hoped for.

OP
K

[email protected]

Registered
Need more help

Cant find the tool you where talking about..If anyone have a link for it please post it...