• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help with Networking problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LightningWolf

I have just moved back into my parent' house, now I am having a problem with my computer.

In my own place, I had Comcast Cable Internet, I had the modem hooked up directly to my computer through the USB port on the modem and shared the connection with my other computer through the NIC in my card and a hub. Worked perfectly fine that way.

Back at home now, I am using the connection through the parent's computer, doing it the same way, with the excpetions being, that is is Verizon DSL now, and I am using 2 NICs in the one computer to share the connection.

Now my computer will not open any webpages other than my homepage on IE. It will not open any other websites but that one. I do not understand it. I am using the same hub, same cables etc. I have no idea what else could be wrong with it.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in Advance.

Kingslayer

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but get rid of that USB network device and get yourself a router. Circuit City has a nice Seimens/Speedstream router for $30 and paying that little for a decent router will make you alot happier than fighting that damn USB Network adapter and ICS.