• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with overclocking E2180 on GIGABYTE EP45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

inetkey

hello everyone , im new here!

i need help in overclocking the Dual Core E2180 Processor on GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard.

in stock its 200mhz bus, 800mhz fsb , 2000ghz x2 core , ram OCZ Reaper 1066Mhz.

i have overclocked in the bios by 310mhz bus and 1200fsb , 3100mhz x2 core (by 50%)

i saw many people overclocked this processor to 3.5ghz with higher fsb than 1200 , and my FSB : DRAM ratio is 1:2

please can someone help me with higher overclocking? if you need i will post bios screenshots etc.

I searched in google many guides\bios settings but my computer just dont boots up , or BSOD

i need help with frequency and voltages.

OCCT SCREENSHOT : http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7513/43568160.jpg

for example my OC vs this : http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l123/eCka21/4HoursOCCT.jpg

thank you , Denis.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Welcome Denis! Sounds like you are wel on your way! I would read the overclocking guide (link in my signature) and see if that helps get you over the hump I presume you are on!!

Post your major voltages please (Vcore, VTT, PLL, MCH)!

]-[itman

Well, I'm not very up to date on the intel side of overclocking but the basics of overclocking span all platforms. Now, in that screenshot it shows your cpu's at about 50 degrees Celcius, it seems that they are sitting idle at that speed. If that's correct then you will need to invest in better cooling as 50C idle seems really high, especially for an overclocked cpu. Others with more intel specific knowledge might be able to help more.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Like the guide mentions, set your voltage to their stock values, take them off auto. Then start raising your FSB until it doesnt boot. Try to add some vcore when you hit that the first time, .05 to .1. Your next bump may likely be some of the other voltages. Thats the name of the game!

Joeteck

Retired
Like the guide mentions, set your voltage to their stock values, take them off auto. Then start raising your FSB until it doesnt boot. Try to add some vcore when you hit that the first time, .05 to .1. Your next bump may likely be some of the other voltages. Thats the name of the game!

I bet his PC will not boot now.....

OP
I

inetkey

do i need only highet the Vcore ? or other voltages like MCH etc. ?

OP
I

inetkey

ok , I successfull get from 300 to 310 frequency (3.10ghz)
with 1.487.. vCore voltage.

I tried 315 and higher voltage but the PC beeps when i turn it on (overload voltage)
I saw people get 3.5ghz with e2180

can I do something with that?

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Every chip is different. Just b/c a user got to 3.5Ghz, doesnt mean your chip will. But you sure have the board to do it.

Other voltages... Try this for 310/320Mhz...

1.35vcore
1.2v CPU Term
1.57/9 PLL
1.26 MCH

Make sure your ram isnt going out of spec with the 1:2 ratio. Take it back to 1:1 for the moment. One thing at a time...!

OP
I

inetkey

this voltage settings doesnt work for me. my PC shuts down when i turn it on.

and the ratio is always 1:2 for me , i dont know \ cant get it to 1:1
please help me