• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with PC Crash (Memory Error)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrickyMick

Hi Guys

Have a crash issue. PC boots but crashes to black after 3-5 minutes and emits repeated (I powered off after 25) long beeps.

According to this ref (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/support-downloads/faq-page.aspx?fid=816) the beeps mean "memory error".

I have tried with no success:-
- re-seating the ram and putting the ram in different slots
- purchased new ram (see details).

The crash does not always produce a minidump but the last one I did capture blames Win32k.sys (win32k!TimersProc+126), not sure if this is relevant.

Details:
MB: gigabyte ht3.0 am3+
Ram: hyperx (Kingston) fury 8G

any help appreciated

Mick

I looked at that reference document you listed and the continuous long beeps are for "memory not installed correctly" instead of the more generic "memory error" which is denoted by 1 long beep and 9 short beeps.

Also can you list your full system specs and possibly a link to your motherboard. I tried to look it up but I feel dense tonight because I cannot find it.

I did run memtest from USB - no errors.

More specs:
Bios: Award Modular Bios V6.00
cpu: AMDAthlon II
gfx: Geforce GTX 660

Back