• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with Phoenixminer settings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
[Solved] Need help with Phoenixminer settings.

I'm getting back into mining after about a 7-year hiatus (man how time flies) and I'm a bit foggy on how to set everything back up. So I have an Exodus and an Electrum wallet set up. I've downloaded Phoenixminer 5.5 for Windows and I'm confused about setting it up. Inside the folder are a config.txt, an epools.txt, and a dpools.txt. I don't plan on using dual pools so I know I don't need the dpools. What I would like to do is primarily mine ETH and send it to my Exodus wallet. I recall setting up multiple pools in a single config in case one wasn't online or something so we had secondary pools lined up. I would like to set-up nicehash as a secondary if that is still possible.

Could someone walk me through creating the batch file I need to configure Phoenix to mine ETH primarily and nicehash as a secondary? Oh, I'll be mining with an RTX 2070 in my main rig and I have an RTX 3070 to mine with too once this one is set up.

TIA

Last edited:
My batch file is very simple:

-pool ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us2.ethermine.org:5555
-wal 0xADDRESS.Rig001
-proto 3

I run the pheonixminer.exe as admin and let it go. I could setup a pool3 for nanopool but haven't needed to.

I use afterburner to maintain my clock speeds/etc with profiles so I don't deal with setting things in the config

Thanks Don. That worked perfectly.

So I let it run through the night to verify my OC settings are stable. This card does not OC well at all, but that was known when I bought it. This post is for my records as much as to see if anyone has suggestions. These were my OC settings in AB.

Power Limit: 70%
Core: -150MHz
Mem: +200
Results: 9Hrs stable 37.9MH/s @ 130W & 63°C

I just did a little more tweaking this morning and I'm currently 90mins stable at

Power: 60%
Core: -150
Mem: +250
Results: 90Mins Stable 38.2MH/s @ 111W & 61°C

Setting the Mem to +300 causes errors even at 100% Power. I may try +275 later today but maximum stability is more important to me at the moment.

Edit: These settings/results are for teh RTX 2070. Working on the RTX 3070 next. I will update this post with those stats too once I get it ironed out.

Last edited:
sorry missed the post, valentines and all :))
there is a bat file in the folder too, did you get phoenix from the official bitcointalk thread ?
in the bat file there are a few preset settings needed to increase windows ram use, plus a line that goes like this:
PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:5555 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal ADDRESSS.RIG -straps 4
all you need, straps 4 are for older cards though (10xx)

as far as OC goes .. wow 300 is so low :( unlucky card, what manufacturer ? ram ?
powerlim doesnt really help with ram, so dont even bother, what does is cooling, but youd need to pull the card apart and add thermalpads if they are missing or crappy

This is whats in my config file

Code:
-wal ETHADDRESS.RIGNAME
-proto 3
-log 1

I got the Phoenixminer from the link in the 'Get started' thread you made.
Do I need to use the .bat file(s) or can I just use AB to set the clocks?

The card is a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB. It was a review card and I knew it wasn't an overclocker before purchasing it used.

On the plus side this EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra seems to like to OC.

This is whats in my config file

Code:
-wal ETHADDRESS.RIGNAME
-proto 3
-log 1

Do I need to use the .bat file(s) or can I just use AB to set the clocks?

The card is a Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB. It was a review card and I knew it wasn't an overclocker before purchasing it used.

On the plus side this EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra seems to like to OC.

for clocks its up to you, I also just use AB
sux though, it should get like 44-45 with 1k on ram

eh, the 3070 should be a gem :) dont have any 3xxx :( cant find any around europe .. unless you pay 1k euro which is just ridiculous for a 3070

I've been tweaking my 3070 over the last few days. Here are the results from that one. I'll spend more time on the 2070 later this week but will probably just list it on Marketplace to offset the cost of (if not outright pay for) the 3070.

EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 GamingUltra

Power Limit: 60%
Core Clock: -550
Memory Clock: +1300
Fan Speed: 70% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 57°C
Hash Rate: 61.5 MH/s
Power Consumption: 144W
Efficiency (Watts:Mh/s): 2.34W:1MH/s

EDIT: Updated my settings above. I was throwing too many errors at the original setting (Quoted below) plus it would drop every couple of days. Seems rock steady now with apx 2-4% errors. I can live with that.)

Last edited:
I've been tweaking my 3070 over the last few days. Here are the results from that one. I'll spend more time on the 2070 later this week but will probably just list it on Marketplace to offset the cost of (if not outright pay for) the 3070.

EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra

Power Limit: 55%
Core Clock: -502 (1200Mhz Min setting allowed)
Memory Clock: +1500 (2075Mhz Max setting allowed)
Fan Speed: 70% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 57°C
Hash Rate: 63.2 MH/s
Power Consumption: 132W
Hash:power: .48 MH/s/W

excellent result ! Im so jealous :D

Not too shabby there!

I need to look at further underclocking my 3080ftw3+hybrid cards. Right now they are running at their boost clocks around 900mV. The hybrid is sitting at 1000 memory clock, haven't messed with going above yet. I stopped around 800 on the air ftw3, I guess I need to get back to this and see what I can do.

Worked on the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB at lunch and I actually made some headway. I read somewhere that just because your GPU temps are good when overclocking the memory as high as we do the memory can become unstable with low fan settings. So I manually set the fan to 50% (was at 37% on auto) and I seem to be stable at +500 for the memory. Gonna see how long it runs. I'm sure if I drop it to +450 it will be good and the MH/s is nearly the same. Anywho...Results.

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB

Core Clock: -550
Memory Clock: +525
Fan Speed: 50% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 55°C
Hash Rate: 40.5 MH/s
Power Consumption: 111W
Efficiency (Watts:Mh/s): 2.74W:1MH/s

Considering what I'm working with I'm pretty pleased with this. I might be able to bump the fan up more but I doubt it will help. Maybe I'll try some more later but for now, this is good enough.

EDIT: Updated these settings as well. This rig has been running non-stop for a full week and is at 5845/0/0 with no interruptions. I'm going to call it stable.

Last edited:
Worked on the Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB at lunch and I actually made some headway. I read somewhere that just because your GPU temps are good when overclocking the memory as high as we do the memory can become unstable with low fan settings. So I manually set the fan to 50% (was at 37% on auto) and I seem to be stable at +500 for the memory. Gonna see how long it runs. I'm sure if I drop it to +450 it will be good and the MH/s is nearly the same. Anywho...Results.

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Gaming OC 8GB

Core Clock: -502 (960 Mhz Min setting allowed)
Memory Clock: +500 (1825 Mhz)
Fan Speed: 50% (Fixed manually)
Temp: 55°C
Hash Rate: 40.5 MH/s
Power Consumption: 110W
Hash:power: .37 MH/s/W

Concidering what I'm working with I'm pretty pleased with this. I might be able to bump the fan up more but I doubt it will help. Maybe I'll try some more later but for now this is good enough.

yep.. see post from 2/14 ;)

Since I have finalized my settings I added them to my Config file. I no longer need to run AB to get my settings. I've updated my setting in the previous posts to reflect this.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I'll leave this here for a few more days in case there is more advice offered, otherwise, I will call this one "SOLVED".

Back