• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with simple web page creation...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patrick G

I need to create a simple website with a homepage, which consists of basically some text and a graphic, along with a link to another page which contains my resume. My question is, I was told to store the site at:

http://cobweb.****.edu/homepage/username

, so can someone please list for me the steps in either Word XP or FrontPage XP on how to get this page created?

Jeff Bolton

it'd probably be best to post this over in the programming tips and tricks area.

but you can probably find 1 out of about 1,000,000 online tutorials to tell you how to do what you need to do.

jeff

adovbs

Registered
so can someone please list for me the steps in either Word XP or FrontPage XP on how to get this page created?
Patrick, check the program help files. ;-) If you go poking around the menu areas, you might even find a tutorial on the Frontpage stuff.

Oh, btw, make sure where you have been told to store your pages can handle front page extensions. If not, you'll need to install an ftp program and upload your finished site manually.

Anyway, Jeff is right, there are a lot of tutorials online. For all of this. And, your college might even have some help files you can access. Have you checked with the school webmaster?

good luck,
Adovbs

Burning Phoenix

I have a very old html editor which does simple pages which you can cut and paste but and is great for learning the basics. You can download it from my site for i doubt you'll find it anywhere. It is the old free editor called AOLPress. I pretty well know my way around coding html by hand but i also use CoffeeCup editor whichis loaded with extras.
I also use WS FTP LE for uploading ot my host.

lavoisier

I would recomend you to use Mircormedia dreamweaver. It's easy to use & also no coding involved. Plus if u need to add link, it has a space for u to put in ur forwarded url... isn't it good ??

Matthew1001

Front Page is good I have 2000 I think. I just never found a reson to upgrade but I am sure it is similar to yours. Just use it kind of like you would use words. You can insert pictures, backgrounds, etc. It is very easy. You should be able to find a tutorial somewhere.

TheFlutePlayer

Registered
In Word XP, create your doc as usual. Then select Save As... Choose Web Page from the "Save As Type" drop down. Then you should be able to publish this to your site.

Zuck Gou :)

foshdawg said:
dreamweaver is whack. you need to learn to walk before you can run and using dreamweaver is running.

Good call.

You'll never make really good pages using Dreamweaver unless you get really good with the coding part of HTML.

They're hand in hand.