• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with water flow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slim Nelson

Registered
Hey guys, I have a few parts I'm using as a setup for a water loop. Some are left over and others are mainly part of a kit.

I have a XSPC EX120 kit that I'm putting in my old school Dell Precision T3500 and I also have 2 small tube reservoirs that I'm going to throw in just for the hell of it to make it look cool.

So, I have a couple diagrams which I've attached on how I'm going to set it up, tell me which you prefer. I'm thinking option B.

Key:
GREEN = 5.25 BAY PUMP/RES
RED = RADIATOR
BLACK = CPU WATERBLOCK
BLUE = TUBE RES
PINK = TUBING

In the pictures, the loop will always start with the bottom PINK line (tubing) coming out of GREEN (pump/res). Let me know if you suggest something different.

Attachments

• A.png
    A.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 62
  • B.png
    B.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 58
  • C.png
    C.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 59
Since the pump and res are integrated together your flow order will not matter. I say do whatever looks the cleanest in the case.

Sounds good then. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more important order than whatever looks the best.

Sounds good then. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a more important order than whatever looks the best.

The only critical piece, which your pump/res combo takes care of, is making sure the reservoir feeds the pump inlet.

Just be aware that running two reservoirs in series can be problematic in that you will always run into fluctuating uneven coolant levels as the first res is always the primary air trap for bubbles etc.

If you want to run two reservoirs for the same loop then you really should configure them in parallel rather than series.

Benefits of using them in parallel is that you double the air bleeding performance of your system and you end up with half the pressure restriction of a single res.

Back