• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need input on a choosing a pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Commander_Kang

Speedy Dragon
Pictured below is basicly what I plan on doing with my new water cooling rig.Note the real water blocks and raditor(s) will not be facing the directions in the picture.It is just to give a good idea were they are going to be.

case.jpg

What I need input on is what pump would be powerful enough to move water that high but be relitivly quite say compaired to a un moded via aqua 1300?(only pump I have experiance with)

Also will this raditor be enough for 2 althon mp 2ghz cpus and a over clocked 9700 pro?Or should I throw the secound rad into the loop in the picture below.I am also using 1/2 Id tubing.

heater_core_large.jpg

radsmall.jpg

Eclypsyr

I don't have any experience with more than just processor cooling, but car heatercores are made to cool down cars (Mr. Obvious for the evening :p), and that should be enough for your needs. Anyone feel free to correct me. (dunno about the pump though)

Jon

Giblet Plus!

Actually, car heatercores are used to heat up the cabins of cars.

:D

Commander_Kang - With a case that big, I'd recommend using a much bigger heatercore, instead of two smaller ones. Here's the search database. Try to find one at least 9.5" long, so you can put two 120s on it. Also, from what I've read, there's some single-pass heatercores that work very well. :)

Good pumps for your setup would be the Eheim 1250, Danner Mag 3 or Iwaki MD-15R. :)

bigben2k

UL: you ought to remove the userID from the link.

I got mine, and I might flow test it today.

Veland

I've got the same case an chose to remove the HD bays and fit the BIX2 in the front. This way my water doesn't have to travel very far so I won't loose much pressure that way.

As for the HD's, they are rubber mounted in the upper bays. I have a DVD reader pluss a CD burner, so I have 4 free bays.

Eclypsyr

Giblet Plus! said:
Actually, car heatercores are used to heat up the cabins of cars.

:D

well now that you all know how much I know about cars :eek:
my standing that the heatercore should be able to handle the heat....should....be able....to handle....heat.....

Jon