• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need layout help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ed8150

14-145-021-01.JPG

does the output in the middle use a coaxial cable and go directly too a tv? what is on the right? s-video out? what exactly does that mean. iam looking for a card that you can easily hook up too a tv and play dvds ect on it.

The middle output is for a S-Video cable. I think it's better than coaxial cables, and depending on the TV, you can connect it there. A good way to check would be to see when changing the TV mode from channels to Video 1 and Video 2 would be to keep changing it and see if there is a mode called S-VHS, that is S-Video and your TV should have the input for it. The other output is a DVI output. It's for newer monitors that can use a digital signal instead of the old analog signal that is on the left. There's an adaptor for that signal if you wanted to run dual monitors with analog monitors only.

If your GF4 card supports VIVO (Video In, Video Out), the middle one would connect to another cable that has 1 RCA video in, 1 RCA video out, 1 S-Video Vid in, 1 S-Vid vid out .. that's what I have on my GF4TI4200.

if you plan to use TV a lot, get the card w/ Conexant chip in it (goto Tvtool website FAQ and msg board, they have list of GF4 w/ conexant chip). Conexant chip said to have much better TV output quality than philips chip (my card has philips 7108, but w/ S-video out, the quality is adequate for me, but i don't watch DVD on PC tho, so u might want to consider it)

TVTool

Back