• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Mobo for Intel P4 2.4b 533mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bfmctango57

Need Mobo for Intel P4 2.4b 533mhz ~ I'm getting a new CPU from a friend and I wanted to know what would be a good mobo. I might OC, but I wanted to get a decent mobo so I'll have that option to OC. I have PC2100 DDR 266 ram installed on my pooter right now and I want my old ram to work in the new mobo. I wanted the new mobo to be versatile so I can use my old RAM now and then upgrade to better RAM later. I have the ASUS A7A 266 right now. In the manual it says to use unbuffered/registered ram. I'm using my PC as a desktop and not as a server. I'm typing all the info I can think of so I can get the best info from you guys as possible! :attn: Thanks....

i have an msi 648 max-l mobo, if i recall right. it supports up to ddr333 and i am currently running with pc2100 (ddr266). i can overclock to 2.9, but i believe that the limit of a 2.4b is 3.0. it works, is stable, and doesnt run too hot. has the usual two eide inputs (ata133), 8x agp, 5 or 6 pci, 3 ram slots.

I have an Intel D845PEBT2
I just upgraded.
I'll sell my PEBT2 for $50 plus shipping if ya want it!
It's only been used for about a year.
I had the exact same processor you do and was using a GeForce4TI 4400 on it. It was solid as a rock!
DDR up to 333
AGP 4X
PM Me if your interested.

Back