• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Motherboard, How much longer for Granite bay or SIS 655?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zrx

Registered
I have returned my SOYO P4X400 and looking for a new motherboard.

The hope is I will be able to get a new Granite bay or SIS board in November. Any idea on when they will hit the market?

Local shops aren't even aware new boards are coming.

Thanks

Granite Bay will come on the 14th of november at the earliest, Sis will comes around that time to.
That's what I've heard anyway

Latest rumors are that GB has been delayed a bit, might not be launched until December with mobo availability in January. I certainly hope it's not true! :rolleyes:

I just read what Ed has dug up on the first page.
Twice the price of a PE mobo can't be true.
Sure the chipset is new, more advanced and might cost more.
Yes the mobo makers will have ta make a lot of changes to their boards, a lot more than they have in the 845 series but still I don't belive it will be twice the price.
A cheapo 845PE mobo costs around 90$ right now right?
A high end 845PE board like the Asus P4 (the one with everythinh on it) costs 150$
I'd guess a cheap GB-board would cost 150$, maybe a bit more.
The high-end maybe over 200$ but not much more.
Then there will hopefully be SiS 655 and it should land at the same price as the PE boards, a little more but not much.
This is just specualtion of course but you don't need to be a writer on a HW-site just to be allowed an opinion right?

SBeaver said:
This is just specualtion of course but you don't need to be a writer on a HW-site just to be allowed an opinion right?
Absolutely correct, that's what forums are for. ;)
And I hope you're right about the pricing!

The E7205 chipset costs around $53 in quantity, and i850E goes for $41. The 845 variants are in the $18-$25 range. Granite Bay motherboards will be expensive, but probably only a bit more than i850E-based boards.

Back