• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need mp3 player

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AllenSmoker

Saw this one over at newegg.com. Doesnt seem too bad for the price.
I prefer a cd based player myself. Storage is only limited by how many cdr's i have, and can be had for $35-100.

OP
POL-tec2002

POL-tec2002

e.Digital MP3 Digital Music Juke Box, Model# TREO 15
The Pocket-Sized Music Player that Stores & Plays over 4500 Songs!
Specifications:
Storage Media: 15 GB embedded Hard Disk Drive (HDD) 8MB DRAM Buffer
PC Interface: USB 1.1
Battery: Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery 3.7 volt, 1100 mAh
Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours based on average use. Recharges in 3 hours with included AC Adapter.
Audio Codecs: MP3, Windows Media
LCD Display: 8 lines of 20 characters each
Playback Controls: Play, FF, RW, Previous, Next, Pause, Repeat One/All, Random Play, Intro Mode
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHz Model#: TREO 15 Special FedEx
new egg

only 140!!! is this too good to be true???

CPFitz14

It only has an 8mb buffer, which is not too good. I'm not an expert, but I believe it will make navigating songs slow, small anti-skip protection, etc. Its just not good.

I believe the Nomad Zen has a 16mb buffer, and the iPod has a 32mb buffer, but those are just guesses. Again, i'm not positive, but do a little research, and you should be able to find more about the whole "buffer thing."

-CPFitz-

Maxvla

on a hifi forum i'm on the e digital player gets ripped left and right. i'd stay away from it. i haven't used it but i respect the opinions of the people on that forum in this regard.

Maxvla

its really tough pol. the only good mp3 players are pretty expensive.

the archos is probly the only 'budget' one i would even touch but i would rather have a zen or ipod (both expensive).

so the answer is really... no. the solid state ones aren't worth it unless you plan on using them when running. which is probly not the best for HD based players.

i've got a 5gb ipod that might be available soon. pm me if you are interested. can't go into details outside of the classifieds or i'll get smacked by silversinksam :eek:

minidiscs can hold 74minutes of music. it does not support mp3s.

Maxvla

not bad. for the price its worth a shot. you got any stores around you that carry it? i'd definately take a look at it before purchasing it.