• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Network Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xblue2k5

Registered
Ive tried everything but reinstalling but here it goes...
I have two computers on my network and im trying to share folders but on one computer I get "system is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Please contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions."
On my other computer everything works fine!!! Ive ran wizard and everything i dont know what to do!!!!

The_Jizzler

can you ping the other computer?

oh wait, can computer a access computer b but b cant access a?

OP
X

xblue2k5

Registered
The_Jizzler said:
can you ping the other computer?

oh wait, can computer a access computer b but b cant access a?

thats correct. On a side note I do have zone alarm on the other pc but even when disabled/uninstalled it doesnt work... Ive tried everything but reinstalling : (

Kendan

Senior Punk
xblue2k5 said:
thats correct. On a side note I do have zone alarm on the other pc but even when disabled/uninstalled it doesnt work... Ive tried everything but reinstalling : (

You have to set zone alarm to allow it. I see you are syaing it does not work with it turned off or disabled. Try to set it up to allow that computers IP to the safe zone.

Otherwise I would say it was a file sharing issue. Do you have simple file sharing turned on? Do you have the guest account enabled? Do you have an account on both computers with the same username and password?

OP
X

xblue2k5

Registered
yea its on safezone. guest account is off i bealieve
2 different usernames no passwords

Kendan

Senior Punk
xblue2k5 said:
they are i safe zones.

I love it when people ignore almost every question asked :bang head

maybe if you would care to answer all questions asked then we might be able to help you.

Edit: turn guest account on and see if it works, if not make a username on both with the same password. You still have one question to go.

OP
X

xblue2k5

Registered
oh im sorry I thought you ment something else, but yea I did put the ip in safe zone. I had my friend look at it (network admin) and he said something is really wrong because everything is setup find and he has no Idea on what the prob is... Ill try your link ill post if it worked or not! thanks for the help guys

ya i tried the guest account and still nothing, anywho i have to skip town for 2 weeks on short notice ill try and fix it then i apreciate the help!

Last edited: