• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need new mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the ak35gtr is one hell of a board, but from what i've read pci and agp dividers have yet to be implemented bios wise(it could have changed already but i don't know), personally i'm going for the Abit KR7A-Raid, it's a bit more, by say 20 dollars with shipping, but I know it'll handle high fsbs. I think youll like the ak35 just fine if you get it, but if you are looking for higher fsbs, i'd say look at the kr7a, as always, go for what best suits you! :D

Well, I've got two AK35GTR always with the thermistor too short to touch the Cpu, so the temps reported are totally untrustable (never above 35 degree C @full load with the system working 24/7) :rolleyes: take a look here for more info about.
I was able to rise the FSB only up to 147Mhz rock stable, no more, even if using CorsairXMS PC2700 mem module, rated for 166Mhz@Cas2 and a very good cooling section, so I suppose that ABit KR7A-133-Raid is the way to go, even if can handle a VCore only up to 1.85v, so a VoltMod is required to squeeze all the juice from your chip, or consider a KT333 Mobo, ABit AT7 for example, that will be really soon released, supposed to have 1/5 & 1/6 divider ;)

Adriano

Last edited:
Back