• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need nt4 hack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

augustwest

ok, here is the scenerio, i have an nt4 box with a network connection and scsi bus. i have physical access to the machine and a user account. admin accounts exist but do not have the password. how can i get adim access to this machine?

nemisys

This tool requires you to have physical access to the machine in order to run it. This condition alone implies that you are authorized to access the machine and thus is more likely a legit activity rather then a malicious hacking attempt.

There are plenty of legit uses for this tool, and although it may be misconstrued a hacking, this thread is more about system recovery.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
augustwest said:
this is totally legit, im doing it at work with my boss helping me. we have to get this thing done.

ah sorry, my mistake. didn't know it was something your boss was asking you to do... :-/

Syphere

Go search for LC4. Its great. It will crack every pass on the box in under 20 days.

mbentley

Syphere said:
Go search for LC4. Its great. It will crack every pass on the box in under 20 days.

that's why having fast computers sucks for encryption... it takes less time to "guess" a password by a computer randomly guessing values and such so they have to be more careful with security... oh well... it's the way of the world :) i am just glad that i am not getting into computer security :) that would drive me up the wall in the future, i just know it

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
I agree with Nemisys, the easiest way to recover a locked out box is the linux boot disk. The documentation is really good on that site as well.

I had to use that very link and disk when I changed our domian on a w2K adv server network. The machine horked the old admin password, didn't have the new one yet because it couldn't log on to the non-existent network, and I had to crack it.

Like they say, "If you don't have physical security, you don't have security."

Wedo

OP
augustwest

augustwest

the problem was the linux boot disk wasnt working with the scsi array. i finally hacked in by copying cmd.exe in place of login.scr since the login screensaver is run with admim privilages. then i just waited at the login prompt for the screensaver time out then the cmd was launched instead of the screensaver. launched the user manager and changed the admin password. pretty slick :D im pretty sure this was fixed in 2000, but not in nt service pack 5 :D

mbentley

now that's using your brain :) haha

just for future reference, how do you run the user manager from the command prompt? do you just run the control panel item?

OP
augustwest

augustwest

well id say the running the control panel would work but the user manager is usrmgr in 2000 and its musrmgr or nusrmgr in nt. i think, its got a weird suffix i know that.