• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need pc sound in mono.help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

With 7.1 channel so popular you may be saying WTF does he want mono for?lol.Well dont worry about it ,Im weird like that.

Is there anyway to force mono sound on a software level?
I cant seem to find an option for mono sound in any of my software.
I dont want to use any wiring solutions.

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

100mbHD said:
WTF does he want mono for?!?!?!?!

Spamming it up today are we? Yeah,I saw your "help me mommy" post too.
If you have nothing to say,keep it to yourself and stay away from my threads while your at it.

Azzkiller

If you use winamp, you can set the mp3 decoder to output to a single mono channel.

What type of file are you trying to do this for?

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

OH TX Azzkiller,they are stereo mp3's that I would like to experiment with in mono with one speaker.Let me go and dl winamp.

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

Well,I got the winamp5 full version but I cant find any option to change it to mono.Do you know exactly where it is?

Azzkiller

I use winamp 2.91. But perhaps winamp 5 has the option as well. Does it have a codec settings tab?

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

No codec setting tab but I found a plugin called destereo which works ok.
One question though,plugins have to be activated every time you want to use them?Like only available for the session?

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

DAM! that plugin makes winamp crash.

I installed the 2.91 version you have,where do I go to force mono output on mp3's? or just any sound in general,if possible?