• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Power Supply Recomendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WyrmMaster

I'm a little teapot Senior
Iv been debating getting a new powersupply for a while now. I am currently using a 350w Antec. My system is stable as it is, but i suspect that my power supply is limiting my overclock. At full load my voltages by my DD5 are 4.90 and 12.50. Sandra (or MBM) report them at 4.73 and 12.37. If i increase my CPU voltage my 12v reading increases, and sometimes my system crashes, if i try to increase my CPU speed anymore i need more voltage.

So, do you think a new powersupply would help in this situation (i know that my mobo has chronic low 5v readings, but still) and if so, what should i get. Im debating between a 400w sparkle (but its only 50 watts more) or a Antec True430.

EDIT: OK, looks like it IS a lack of power issue, i increased the CPU voltage by .1, left EVERYTHING else the same, and it crashed within 5 min of booting up.

Last edited:
How much $$$ do you want to spend? PC Power & Cooling if you have the $$$$ to spend (The best PSU I have ever owned) and I say an Antec True Power if $$$$ is a concern, they still have 3% voltage reg.

Under a hundred, less if possible of course, but i dont wanna cut corners either. And it would be nice to not have to buy another PSU in the future.

The Vantec is looking pretty good for the price.

I also have no worries recomending Enermax. They have been solid for me since I got mine & also for the numerous rigs I have built for other people.

Hmm, i cant seem to find any info on the vantec website about voltage regulation. Where did you find your info on the 1% regulation.

this may sound a little weird but the Q-Tec 550W psu is cheap but its also good (not as good as antecs but still good) I got it and its got dual fans(very quiet) Oh and one funny thing on the back of the box it came in it says:System Requirements - Computer parts (mainboard, cpu, memory etc. lol!!!! Its true!!! If you have any Q-Tec PSU's take a look on the box and It'll say it!!!! lol!!!!!

WyrmMaster said:
Hmm, i cant seem to find any info on the vantec website about voltage regulation. Where did you find your info on the 1% regulation.

On the PDF, got it from a link on one of them review sites:beer:

Well, I have 3 PSU´s.
Tried them all in my main system.
1 Enermax EG365P-VE(350W), 1 EG651P-VE (550w) and 1 Antec True Power 430W. They all work fine and gives you stable voltages. There is however one problem with my Antec PSU, its emitting interference. Problably just a bad psu so Im returning this week.
Screenshots:

TV pic 1

TV pic2

Switching to one of the other Enermax PSU resolves my little issue. But I still like the Antec, its quiet and the voltages are very stable.

Back